Monday, September 3, 2012

Fall!

I don't know where I got my energy from today, but I am not questioning it!! I noticed that on the days that my feet are not swollen, though that is not too often, I have lots more energy. The backed up lymph must really drain my energy. I must take advantage of my good days when they come up. I have gotten so much done today! I am not quite done, but my house is just about ready for the holiday season.
I started this morning with throwing sheets and blankets into the laundry while I had my coffee. Coffee...the most important start to my day! Once that was done, I threw it into the dryer and started another load of laundry. While that was going I started to tackle my deck. I have a small barbeque grill out there that I have barely used this summer, I cleaned it and put it into storage and then swept the deck. All the leaves that have blown on there were driving me crazy but I never had the energy to take care of it. Well, it is done now!
Time to tackle the rest of the apartment. I took my fresh sheets out of the dryer and put them on the bed....I love fresh sheets...can't wait until bedtime! That finished I started on the bathroom, I really only needed to wipe down the mirrors, the counter, clean the toilet and sweep and wash the floor. I have found a time saving tip on Pinterest to keep my shower clean all the time. I keep a soap dispensing brush in my shower, I filled it with Dawn dishwashing liquid and vinegar. Now the first day it smelled pretty strong, but after I shook it up a lot it mixed and has been fine. After every shower I run the brush across the walls and glass doors and floor of my tub and I don't have to worry about cleaning it with harsh chemicals. Saves time and energy.
Now vinegar is pretty thin so you want to fill the brush with the Dawn first and then add the vinegar. Shake well to mix and leave in or near tub for a quick clean every time you shower.
Finished the bathroom and it is on to dusting and fallifying. I use cloth napkins in fall colors to give my home that fall feel. Adding some silk fall leaves from the craft store in glass vases with a fall themed bow really make the room pop with color. This is an example of some of the fallifying I did today.

It really gets me in the mood for fall and even if the temperatures are still summery outside, at least in my house it can be fall!
I can't believe I still have energy after all I have done already. I am almost done with my house! I quickly vaccuumed and put away my laundry. The only room left to tackle is the kitchen. I think I have almost reached the end of my energy today. I will take a break and have some lunch and see if I can get the rest done.........
In the meantime, not only is my house almost clean, but it is almost de-cluttered too. I only need to finish going through the last bookcase and the kitchen cupboards and I am ready for the holidays! Of course, I still need to get some of these boxes down to the garage and sort the ones that I meant to donate a few years ago before the cancer. There will be two piles when I am done, one for the library and one for Goodwill. Once the house is done and the temperatures stay down I can get that done and get rid of my clutter. Soon.........

No comments:

Post a Comment