Friday, July 13, 2012

I Have More Energy

It was May and I still had no job. I had been looking but nothing was really working out. I still wasn't sure what kind of job I should be looking for. I did not have anything specific in mind so I was looking for a job in generalizations. That never works because you get overwhelmed by the amount of jobs to sort through to try and find something that you are suited to. I just had to keep trying to find something that I could do and that I would enjoy doing.
In the meantime, I had fallen into a pattern for my days. I got out of bed around 8am and had breakfast, checked my three email addresses (personal, job hunting and Playful Kitten Jewelry) and checked my facebook pages; personal and business. Around 10am I would take a walk around my complex to the mailbox that is located on the other side of my complex and back. When I got back I would do some other things on my computer until 1pm, at that point it was lunch time and then I would work on some jewelry until dinner and then back on the computer to load up my new jewelry and log the new piece into my database.  That process may seem simple but it actually takes some time. First I create the piece, then take a picture or several to make sure I have a nice clear picture. Then I load the picture onto my computer from the camera and fix it ( crop it and put my business name on it) At that point I need to set up the piece in Payvment and Etsy (what I was using at the time, I now just use Artfire) and set them up to be on sale. I also load the picture onto my PKJ facebook page. Then I opened my Excel database and entered the information on the new item. Time consuming, but I was still new at this.
May did bring some changes to me. I started to have more energy and decided that I must be getting back to normal! I had put on a lot of weight because I was too tired to be able to work out. I decided to start a diet and exercise plan. I was going to drink Slimfast shakes for breakfast and lunch every day and a sensible dinner. Be warned, anyone that decides to do this, DO NOT buy the shakes pre-made! They are nasty! The best way is to use a blender, I have the magic bullet so I can make it by the glass. Add your low fat milk to the cup, then add the Slimfast mix (chocolate is the best), blend it up and it really tastes like a chocolate shake! Surprisingly it really fills you up too!
Now for the exercise. I was still doing my walk to the mailbox every day but I needed more. I had some DVDs of workouts that I had done throughout the years so I chose Hip Hop Abs because I remembered that I had liked it and you did not have to get down on the floor. Getting down on the floor was a little difficult for me, I don't know if it was because of the forced menopause or just a side effect of the radiation. In any case this DVD would let me tone my abs and get some cardio too so it was the perfect choice.

I was doing so well. I was still doing my Slimfast and I had actually lost some weight at my last doctor checkup. I was doing my workout every day and I was feeling so much better. I had energy again, I really was feeling like my old self before the cancer. I was confident that I was finally back to normal! Everything I had read said that it takes about a year to get your energy back after cancer treatment, and it was about a year before I started getting my energy back. I was confident that the worst was over and I could now really move on with my life. All through the summer I felt good, then came the fall.........

No comments:

Post a Comment