Monday, July 16, 2012

Fall Changes Everything

Fall is my favorite season. It starts getting cooler and you can start wearing a jacket again, and after the hot days of summer I really look forward to cooler days. I even love the fact that it gets darker earlier. I want to drink warm drinks and eat comforting foods. The only thing I miss about living in New York is seeing all the leaves changing and the beautiful colors of fall! Southern California is different, instead of summer starting in May/June and ending mid-September summer starts in July  and ends in mid-October. People always think it is summer all year round here, but we do have seasons. Summer doesn't start earlier than July because we have a marine layer that keeps the temperatures down in May and June and sometimes into part of July. The unfortunate thing is that summer hangs around until mid-October, it seems like it is never going to leave and I am already in fall mode starting in September so I am impatient for fall to start.

September came and I was still doing well with my diet and exercise plan. I had myself on a schedule and I was really sticking with it. It was still pretty warm and the days might have been getting shorter, but it was not really noticeable yet. I was looking forward to cooler days. Finally September was over and October arrived. I knew that the cooler temperatures were coming soon. It was now noticeably darker earlier which I love. I was still on my diet and workout plan but I started noticing that I did not have as much energy and I was more tired. I blamed it on the changing seasons and the shorter days. It was starting to get cooler too and that always makes me think of cooking comforting meals and baking.
Now my Slimfast diet was about to become a thing of the past. I am a strange eater. I can eat the same thing over and over for months on end, then one day I just can't eat it anymore. That is what happened with the Slimfast, I had been drinking it since May and now all of the sudden I could not do it anymore. I had to start eating regular food again, I did try to keep the calories low but a lot of the foods I wanted to eat were not low calorie. Pot roast and mashed potatoes, chicken and rice, stuffed shells...all things I was craving. I was also looking forward to that Thanksgiving feast.

So my diet had failed at the worst time of the year and I was so tired and back to little energy. I had been doing so well and now I was back where I started. Why was I so tired?

No comments:

Post a Comment